CONSENT FOR USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES AND DOCUMENTS
For the purposes of this Consent, “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client or other person completing an electronic document on this or other company websites (the “Websites”). “Company”, “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us” refers to Carmen’s Events, LLC and it’s subsidiaries. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and Company, or either the Client or Company.
The purpose of this consent is to ensure that you are fully aware of the consequences of agreeing to receive and sign documents electronically.
“Electronic documents” include documents you may complete via web page and save on your computer or attach to e-mail. They can typically be printed out, but exist independently in an electronic form on a server or on your computer.
An “electronic signature” includes any mark, symbol, sound or process that is written, stamped, engraved, attached to or logically associated with an electronic document and executed by a person with the intent to sign. Just like you can legally “sign” a printed document by making your mark, whether that be your signature in ink or an “X,” so too you can “sign” an electronic document by making your mark, whether that be a high-tech encrypted or digital signature, or just typing your name in the signature line or space on an e-mail or document on the computer. These are all “electronic signatures.” If you sign a paper document in ink and then scan the document and save it on your computer, the image of the signature on the stored electronic document on you computer is also an electronic signature.
1. Right to Receive Paper Documents: You have the right to have any document provided in paper or non-electronic form. If you want a paper copy of any document, you may click the “Export to PDF” link on any electronic form, save to your computer and print to sign.
2. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to sign electronic documents with electronic signature by contacting the company through the Contact Us link on our websites. The legal validity and enforceability of the electronic documents, signatures and deliveries used prior to withdrawal of consent will not be affected. In other words, all prior electronic signatures shall be fully valid and enforceable.
3. Changes to Your E-Mail Address. You should keep Us informed of any change in your electronic or e-mail address. Please contact Us as promptly as possible at [email protected] or through the Contact Us link on our websites regarding any such changes.
4. Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements. The following hardware and software are required to access (open and read) and retain (save) the electronic documents:
Operating Systems: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista; or Macintosh OS 8.1 or higher.
Browsers: Internet Explorer 5.01 or above or equivalent
Needed Software/Electronic Document Formats: Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for PDF files; Word program for Word files
5. Your Ability to Access Disclosures. By completing this consent, you acknowledge that you can access and retain the electronic documents.
6. Consent to Electronic Signatures and Documents: By completing this consent form, you are providing electronic consent to the use of electronic documents and signatures.
You understand that the company employs a proprietary digital signature technology developed by company or it’s vendors. This technology combines the authenticated user session with the device’s IP address and current date/time stamp to ensure you are the owner of the signature. By indicating your agreement to electronic signatures and documents, you consent and agree to use this digital signature method. You understand that if I do not wish to “sign” this way, you may print out the document(s), sign by hand, and mail or hand deliver to the company at 5665 Heatherbrook Drive, Houston, TX 77085.